Customer Service Representative – Japan
Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
Dümmen Orange is one of the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our commercial organization in Japan, we are looking for a Customer Service Representative – Japan to be based in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team. The Customer Operations Representative – Japan, will be responsible for the customer service, logistics & S&OP provisions in the Japan region. This means understanding Japanese customers’ needs and demand and offering service solutions by managing the Company’s resources and ensure timely delivery of requested services & supply. You will be able to utilize your language skills as you will be interacting internationally with our colleagues and partners on a daily basis. If you are confident and a person who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and can handle our back office operations: Grow with us in Japan!
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Requesting production plans for seedlings to overseas production bases (sales collaboration).
- Handle orders from domestic growers, and handle substitutions and refunds when problems occur.
- Understanding Japanese customers’ needs and demand and offering service solutions by managing the Company’s resources and ensure timely delivery of requested services & supply.
- Import procedures, sorting, and shipping of plants from Spain, Vietnam, the Netherlands, and other countries. Arranging documents and shipping instructions for customs clearance and sorting at Narita Airport.
- Be responsible for the development and operation of a customer database or logistics and order management system.
- Inventory management.
- Bachelor’s degree and above.
- 5 years of regional customer operations experience required. International company experience is preferable. Previous experience in S&OP planning or related function is preferable.
- Language: Native level Japanese, intermediate level English. Additional languages will be looked upon favorably.
- Literacy in MS-Office suite, experience with ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills, high level of detail orientation and accuracy
- Capacity to communicate and partner effectively with a global range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems and SFA system.
- Qualifications: Driver's license is preferred.
- Ability to deal with changing environments and seasonal demands.
- Able to maintain client relationships and customer satisfaction.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Ayako Kawashima, via A.Kawashima@DummenOrange.com
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.