APAC Business Development Manager – Quick Plug
Dümmen Orange is one of the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our commercial organization in APAC, we are looking for a APAC Business Development Manager – Quick Plug to be based in Shanghai, China.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and ambitious APAC Business Development Manager – Quick Plug to offer our innovative quick plug solutions to the APAC market. You will be mapping the APAC markets (identify local trends and understand customer needs), create new business opportunities and proactively draw strategic plans to drive aggressive growth.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Map the APAC markets & business opportunities to prepare a plan to drive aggressive growth.
- Responsible for business with Sales of over €1m euros and >40% growth year on year in APAC with a 30-40% EBITA margin.
- Establish a pipeline of customers & support them through the funnel to sales completion. Demonstrate strong relationship management skills & sales force effectiveness.
- Drive the growth of the business within the region through finding suitable product / customer solutions (understand customer needs & convey to team).
- Continues improvement of products and processes, market development and growth of top line (sales). Well implemented new developments. Be innovative partner for (new) customers.
- Responsible for meeting the targeted top line and profitability.
- Promote consumption of product solutions. Responsible for maintaining overall outcome of targeted top line & profitability.
- Provide forward forecast to production to secure required volumes for customers & customer pipeline.
- Secure necessary supply to support regional demand volume and product roll-out.
- Operational responsibility to work with customer operations to secure deliver products to maintain customer satisfaction, customer focus, and continues to gather competitive insights.
- The APAC Business Development Manager – Quick Plug reports to the APAC Director and dot line reports to Global Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in agriculture / horticulture).
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience
- English (Business level); Mandarin (Business Level)
- Understand sales processes, key account management & business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop, nurture and manage customer relationships
- Proven track record of business development, sales & relationship management.
- Hungry to achieve sales success.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience working within agribusiness (soft fruits / hydroponics would be looked upon favorably).
- Excellent in data analysis and business intelligence.
- A clear strategy deployed within the market, identify market needs.
- Strong sales growth with existing and new customers in existing and new segments.
Other nice to have attributes:
- Preferably has knowledge about stabilized growing media / soft fruits / hydroponics.
- Experience working with OEM.
- Capability to plan and execute sales activities
- Problem solver.
- Interested to work across cultures.
- Passionate about agriculture.
- Persistence, focused, committed.
- Independent worker, self-starter.
- Build trust with colleagues and customers.
- Self-starter & self-motivated.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact our HR representative, via S.Wu@DummenOrange.com
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.