Senior Breeder Phalaenopsis
Neipu, Neipu Township, Pingtung County, Taiwan 912
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our R&D department in Neipu Township, we are looking for a Senior Breeder Phalaenopsis.
Our organization keeps moving. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. The objective of this position is to breed competitive Phalaenopsis varieties for major markets, and contribute to product development to achieve business objectives. As a Senior Breeder Phalaenopsis, you will work within a highly motivated and dedicated team to develop new Phalaenopsis varieties with unique, innovative traits. You report directly to the Breeding Manager Tropical Plants located in the Netherlands.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Design, coordinate and execute an effective breeding program based on the Phalaenopsis Crop Strategy, resulting in varieties that meet the market requirements;
- Optimize breeding processes from design to communication of results;
- Strengthen and exploit the Phalaenopsis germplasm;
- Team up with Strategic Marketing, Product Managers and Breeding Technology to stay aligned with future market requirements and smart adoption of novel technologies and traits;
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the company and expand our freedom to operate position.
- MSc or PhD in Genetics, Plant Breeding, or in related areas within Life Sciences;
- Breeding experience, preferably in a commercial setting;
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
- Able to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams;
- Team player, pragmatic and hands on mentality.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 390 million euro. The company employs over 7.500 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Didier Socquet (Breeding Manager), via email@example.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.