Sales Manager (Cut Flowers) - Japan
Itayamachi, Naka Ward, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 430-0928, Japan
Dümmen Orange is one of the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Commercial Organization in the APAC region, we are looking for a Sales Manager (Direct sales of Cut Carnation/Cut Mum/Gerbera/Pot Carnation/Calla and New crop) in Japan.
Organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Sales Manager (Mainly Cut Flowers) – Japan, you will be responsible for selling the world famous Dümmen Orange varieties in Japan. To conduct sales activities, build Go to Market strategy and manage 6 x-sales people area by area. We are looking for a sales manager who can approach white spaces based on factual data, analyzing each grower's production. Working closely with the internal Campaign Marketing team to achieve sales targets for each variety will also be a key success factor.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Management of 6 sales reps: Achieve sales targets (by seedling sales and licensing) and monitoring of sales status.
- Formulate annual sales plan, goal of maximizing 6 sales people for each area responsible.
- Data analysis and sales performance review (across seedling sales, license).
- Introduction of new varieties: work with growers for trial cultivation, confirmation and evaluation of test results. Cut Carnation, Cut Mum, Gerbera, Pot carnation and Calla are main crops.
- Contract management: renewal of contract details (change of business terms, price revision & etc.)
- Participation in various events (domestic and overseas).
- Launching new direct sales crops: Planning, Contracting, Organizing trials and importing seedlings.
- Fluent in Japanese and English language.
- Bachelor’s degree and above, preferably in horticulture or business-related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales.
- 3+ years’ experience in sales management roles.
- Experience in sales of flower, plants and crops; relevant background in horticultural supply chain knowledge is a plus.
- Gather information on competitor's market share and trends for each variety, and able to identify risks and opportunities.
- Able to negotiate and communicate with top-level distributors and grower groups.
- Able to create documents in English (Power Point, Excel, Word) and experience in giving presentation in English.
- Sensitive to number and attention to details, and being able to manage the data in Excel.
- Able to work and collaborate cross-functionally in a diverse international organization.
- Proactive spirit willing to move market trends.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Yu-Jen Hsiao (Dennis Hsiao), Senior Human Resource Manager – APAC via firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.