Finance Director - APAC
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our organization in the APAC region, we are looking for a Finance Director – APAC (to be based in Malaysia).
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Finance Director – APAC, this position will provide the leadership, management and strategic vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper financial and operational controls, the necessary administrative and reporting procedures, and secure the required information technology & systems to effectively grow the organization, ensure financial strength, and operating efficiency.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You are responsible for directing all fiscal, business administrative and risk management activities, such as accounting, budgeting, business control, commercial and benefits insurances, audits, and preparation of regulatory and governmental agency reports. Provide direction for strong financial stewardship and overall accounting and administrative practices as well as strategic direction and business support to business areas and functional leadership to ensure that all financial commitments are achieved.
Contribute to financial targets as agreed per fiscal budget:
• Accomplish business growth of revenue, ensure good control on OPEX, and achieve EBITDA target.
Financial metrics, modelling and analysis:
• Ensure timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained. Facilitate reporting and management of customers, product portfolio and margin contributors to strengthen key account strategy and provide insight to leadership and sales team on business performance. Fulfil all the requirements from global business control for example BI and crop sales analysis and cost on weekly and monthly base.
• Supervising monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis, monthly movement schedule and reporting pack, IC reconciliation and tax package. Able to clearly communicate around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
• Consolidate and prepare regional monthly performance review and engage and provide BI during monthly business reviews.
• Develop and propose annual budgets and year end estimation and ensure all the actual spending under control.
• Overseeing insurance and risk management and facilitate all the business case analysis with functional managers.
• Further professionalize team, build team and skills. Skills training, cross-training, and hands-on engagement.
Efficient and effective working process:
• Always keen to improve working process toward to more mechanical, systematic, and efficient way of working by eliminating manual job and mistakes.
IT/IS and administration:
• Provide resources & support to accomplish all IT/IS related projects and deployment.
• Timely renew annual service contracts and ensure rigidity and security of IT systems.
• Facilitate smooth business operations by supporting the general administration functions.
Global and regional projects
• Fully support global and regional project requirements.
• Utilizing contract templates, work with local commercial team to develop contracts in consultation of our Global Legal Department with existing & potential customers, suppliers, and any other third (business) parties, to correctly articulate the terms & conditions of the business in English & have them correctly translated into local language with partners.
• Set up and control contract approval flows and delegation of authority
• Act as the intermediary between our Global Legal Department and local external lawyers, auditors, tax advisors and local government authorities for any kind of legal and fiscal matters and secure necessary legal advice.
• Ensuring continued compliance of the APAC region with policies implemented by our Global Legal Department, such as but not limited to our Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing Policy and Anti- Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy
• Managing lawsuits together with our Global Legal Department and local external lawyers
• Keep-track and update contracts and corporate data from all our legal entities within the APAC region in our online Corporate and Commercial Housekeeping tool
• Liaise with our Global Legal Department and local external lawyers to support in executing entity registration changes and other government procedures
• Be registered as, and act upon all legal responsibilities as the general manager of our Chinese legal entities and other entities as required. Control usage of company stamps.
• Finance and/or business degree (Master’s)
• 5 -10 years finance and business experience, M&A experience is also preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience in an international environment (US or European company)
• Proven ability to lead change processes
• 3-5 years experience in one of big four accounting firms is preferred
• Familiar with IFRS standards and reporting requirements
• Managerial experience, lead team of 6+
• Excellent English and Mandarin or other second language
• Advanced computer software skills, including MS Office, Excel and financial reporting and BI software
• Proficiency in accounting/finance fundamental policies and systems
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills
• Strong analytical skills, able to lead teams and provide strategic guidance, building collaborative relationships, analytical thinking, flexible, proactive and innovate thinking. Being able to bridge cultural differences.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Yu-Jen Hsiao (Dennis Hsiao), Senior Human Resource Manager – APAC via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.