Crop Lead - Japan
Itayamachi, Naka Ward, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 430-0928, Japan
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Commercial Organization in the APAC region, we are looking for a Crop Lead (Annual/Perennials, Geophytes, and Tropical) in Japan.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Crop Lead (Annual/Perennials, Geophytes, and Tropical) – Japan, you will be responsible for selling the world famous Dümmen Orange varieties in Japan. To conduct sales activities, build business partners and get distributors to sell all varieties of Annual/Perennials, Geophytes, and Tropical available at our Japanese branch.
We are looking for people who demonstrates a proactive and challenging spirit willing to change the Japanese flower industry by introducing new varieties and product portfolios which has not caught up by consumer trends yet.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Management of existing agents: Achieve sales targets (by seedling sales and licensing) and monitoring of sales status.
• Formulate annual sales plan, goal of maximizing the distribution of Dümmen Orange products in Japan (by varieties and quantities).
• Data analysis and sales performance review (across seedling sales, sales of elite materials for seedling production, license).
• Introduction of new varieties: work with growers for trial cultivation, confirmation and evaluation of test results.
• Commodity procurement support: supply support for elite materials, vitro culture, and seedlings for new varieties (production sites are scattered around the world).
• Contract management: renewal of contract details (change of business terms, price revision & etc.).
• Participation in various events (domestic and overseas).
• Bachelor’s degree and above, preferably in horticulture or business-related discipline.
• Experience in sales of flower, plants and crops; relevant background in horticultural supply chain knowledge is a plus.
• Gather information on competitor's market share and trends for each variety, and able to identify risks and opportunities.
• Able to negotiate and communicate with top-level distributors.
• Able to create documents in English (Power Point, Excel, Word) and experience in giving presentation in English.
• Sensitive to number and attention to details, and being able to manage the data in Excel.
• Able to work and collaborate cross-functionally in a diverse international organization.
• Proactive spirit willing to move market trends.
• Good command in both Japanese and English language.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Yu-Jen Hsiao (Dennis Hsiao), Senior Human Resource Manager – APAC via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.