APAC Technical Crop Specialist - Cut Flowers
Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Commercial Organization in the APAC region, we are looking for a Technical Crop Specialist – Cut Flowers in Malaysia.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Technical Crop Specialist – Cut Flowers, you will be responsible for developing the technical & product knowledge of the local sales & marketing team. And work with channel partners and growers from across APAC to provide them with technical & product support to secure that they can optimise the quality of their cuttings & finished products. During which you will also be engaged in:
• Building portfolios of varieties for all responsible crops, by working collaboratively with global product management and the local sales team, including positioning, technical knowledge, varietal strengths and weaknesses & value pricing in each market.
• Supporting the requests from the local campaign team by executing various campaign activities.
• Taking responsibility for sales in markets where no sales team is present.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Developing the technical & product knowledge of the sales and marketing team so that they can communicate appropriately with channel partners & growers and execute their annual sales budgets.
• Provide advanced technical & product support to our channel partners & growers to enable them to optimise the production of cuttings & finished plants.
• Complete technical investigations on quality complaints & provide recommendations towards commercial directors on technical root causes.
• Feeding back marketing intelligence to the APAC Regional Crop Teams team inclusive of industry matters, competition, customer activities and product performance.
• Accountability for working with the APAC Regional Crop Teams & Local Crop Leads / Business Development Managers to build sustainable, profitable, and modern portfolios of varieties for all responsible crops, by working collaboratively with global product management and the local sales team, including positioning, technical knowledge, varietal strengths and weaknesses & value pricing in each market.
• Work with the campaign marketing team to develop and implement campaign plans, with accountability for implementation of all campaign activities owned by individual sales representatives.
• Active member of the APAC Regional Crop Teams.
• Work with the sales & marketing team with pro-active attitude, strategic approach, and execution ability.
• Link with global technical crop experts & product managers in our organisation to organise support and utilise their expertise where necessary.
• Work within a matrix structure, to support and enable to R&D, P&S and support functions to deliver a fast-growing business.
• Responsibility for sales activities in markets where no sales team is present.
• Excellent technical & product knowledge for cut flowers.
• High integrity, respect for colleagues.
• Ability to coach & teach others to transfer technical knowledge & capabilities.
• Knowledge and passion for floriculture business.
• Willingness to travel 60% of time.
• Excellent communicator and networker, able to make connections.
• Energetic and a high degree of commitment.
• Ability to work successful across APAC cultures.
• Motivated and collaborative working style.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization and be actively engaged in cross-functional collaborations.
• Teamwork capabilities with capacity to execute, support and provide feedback to individuals and teams on technical, product, sales, and marketing.
• Flexible and proactive attitude.
• Ability to work confidently in English.
• A proven track record of providing high quality technical advice to improve crop yields & quality for the desire set of crops.
• Knowledge of APAC business culture.
• Additional language capabilities are favorable (Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Bengali).
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Yu-Jen Hsiao (Dennis Hsiao), Senior Human Resource Manager – APAC via email@example.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.